If you think that your pet’s vision is deteriorating, please speak to your Veterinary Surgeon. They may decide to refer you to a service such as Veterinary Vision.
What should I look out for?
- Bumping into furniture
- Nervousness, confusion or disorientation
- Unsure in dark environments
- Difficulty in finding food or water bowl, or toys
- Changes in the way the eyes look
- Signs of a painful eye include:
- Red eye
- Holding eye closed
- Excessive tearing from the eye
- Pawing or rubbing the eye
We have produced Factsheets on how to manage a visually impaired cat and dog which you may find helpful.