Veterinary Vision is committed to reducing our environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme.
Our management’s commitment to the environment has allowed us to invest in state-of-the-art facilities that utilise innovative processes to provide a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, while guaranteeing quality service that will improve the health and wellbeing of our patients.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Commitment to net zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars Sustainable in a Generation and Linnaeus sustainability policies
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimising unsustainable transport use
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors.
We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Chris Dixon is our Sustainability Lead and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
Chris will be assisted by Sarah Harrison at our Sunderland clinic and we will nominate other individuals for each branch of our business.