Veterinary Vision offers a dedicated ophthalmology referral service for cases referred throughout the UK, with three sites in Charnock, Penrith, Sunderland, and a new site opening in Newton Mearns, Glasgow. We are equipped with state-of-the-art operating facilities for all types of ocular surgery in a friendly, caring environment where the wellbeing of the patient is our top priority.
Our team of nurses work alongside our eleven veterinary ophthalmologists who have a vast range of experience and knowledge in small animal, equine, and farm animal eye conditions. Our nurses ensure that all our patients receive the best treatment possible – it's at the heart of everything we do.
Find out more about a day in the life of an ophthalmology nurse at Veterinary Vision here.
What can we offer you as a referral nurse?
- Dedicated ophthalmology practice
- Expert procedures such as retinal reattachment surgery performed
- Excellent work-life balance
- Previous ophthalmology experience is not needed as a full training is provided
- Support in ongoing training and development
- 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays + Birthday Leave
- RCVS & VDS fees paid, external CPD funded and extensive free online Linnaeus CPD program
- Career progression opportunities
- Staff discount schemes
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced sickness pay and enhanced equal family leave
- E-car salary sacrifice scheme
- Employer contribution pension scheme
- Wellness programme
- Recruitment referral reward scheme.
- £27,700-£30,000 salary DOE.
Working alongside our team of veterinary ophthalmologists, our nursing team get the opportunity to specialise in ophthalmology and support of our expert team.
Interested in experiencing life as a referral nurse at our practice?
We look forward to welcoming you to one of our nurse experience days. It gives you a chance to meet the team, enjoy a guided tour of the practice hospital and learn about our nursing opportunities.
Click here to register your interest and a member of the team will get in touch about arranging a date that’s suitable for you.
Our current vacancies across our sites
Click here for roles at our Charnock Richard and Sunderland clinics https://www.veterinaryvision.co.uk/careers
Click here for roles at our new Glasgow, Newton Mearns clinic: https://www.veterinaryvision.co.uk/news/66-rvn-scotland